25 Jun The Good, The Bad and The Glitter-y
Let’s talk about glitter for a second. Okay, a few seconds, because glitter, whenever you see it or experience it, lasts just a few seconds UNTIL YOU TRY TO GET RID OF IT AND THEN IT HANGS AROUND LIKE BAD CHOLESTEROL.
Glitter is amazing… in the simplest terms, it makes me things sparkle. In a more complex way, it reminds us of celebration and joy and holidays and happiness and wonder. It comes in every color of the spectrum, a multitude of sizes and it’s made for everything from making your fingernails glimmer in candlelight to becoming an additive to animal feed so that their poop sparkles in the sun, making them easy to track. INCREDIBLE, RIGHT?
Here’s the scary part, though – because the plastics that are used to make glitter take a thousand years OR MORE to biodegrade, every piece of glitter ever made STILL EXISTS. Where is the glitter, you might ask? Well, it depends who you ask. Some people are suggesting that if it hasn’t already started making its way into marine life, then it will soon will, because frankly, it’s going SOMEWHERE.
So what can we do about it? Well, that’s a personal choice, but we DO LOVE SOME SPARKLE so we have done our best to find some all-natural alternatives to plastic glitter, and we are going to continue to do so! One of the products we are using is called Bioglitter, which has the sparkle of plastic-based glitter but is biodegradable… how awesome is THAT?
Sparkle on, bitches.